Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools are seeking local families, couples, and individuals to host a visiting International Student.
Positively impact a life.
We are committed to ensuring that both International Students and Homestays have a positive experience and gain a sense of personal growth and connection.
Homestay parents and families are integral for to the Nanaimo Ladysmith International Student Education. The role of a homestay parent and family is critical to the experience and success that an International Student has in Canada. By opening your home and life to students there are many opportunities for experiencing new things, for learning about other cultures, and for building strong and positive relationships. A number of our Homestay Families continue to stay in contact with students after they have completed the program and even visit students and their families in their own home countries.
Why be a Homestay?
- Build relationships and memories that can last a lifetime
- Help a student’s dream of studying in Canada come true
- Have an opportunity to positively impact a youth’s life
- Learn about and share cultures and traditions
- Connect your family to the world and local community
Who can be a Homestay?
- Couples and Empty Nesters
- Single Individuals
- Provide a clean, safe, supportive home environment
- Provide a private furnished bedroom
- Provide three meals per day plus snacks
- English must be the primary language spoken at home
- Provide support and encouragement to students
- Inclusion of student into your family life and activities
What does ISE provide to you?
- 2022/2023 monthly honorarium of $975
- New for 2022/2023: Additional monthly honorarium of $150 when hosting a student who is vegetarian, vegan or requires a gluten free diet
- On-going Homestay support
Health and Safety:
- 24/7/365 emergency support
- All incoming students will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- The ISE program continues to communicate and enforce all up to date PHO health guidelines
Supporting Homestays and their students in the catchment areas of Cedar Secondary, Ladysmith Secondary, and Wellington Secondary.
Supporting Homestays and their students in the catchment area of Dover Bay Secondary.
Supporting Homestays and their students in the catchment areas of John Barsby Secondary, and Nanaimo District Secondary.