Experience world-class education with opportunities in academics, athletics, arts, and technology.
International students are fully integrated into Canadian classrooms, learning and studying with Canadian students at their grade level. Students are enrolled in academic and elective courses to give them a balanced and full experience of education in Canada. These courses may apply towards graduation in Canada or their home country. International students receive English or ELL classes to improve their English language fluency. We also have dedicated International Student Advisors and ELL teachers at each school that work closely with students to support them with their development and school experience.
We do our best to meet course requests for each student. During their stay in Canada we also encourage students to try out for sports teams and join extra curricular activities. For more information of courses, sports, and clubs offered at each school please explore the schools below.
Schools and Course Offerings:
- Population of 1400 students
- Enjoys a proud tradition of academic and athletic success
- Has an outstanding Performing Arts Academy and well equipped shops to explore woodwork, metalwork, mechanics, robotics, culinary arts and textiles
- Is well known for environmental initiatives and excellence in mathematics and computer technology.
- School website for more details: dv.schools.sd68.bc.ca
- Population of 1700 students
- A vibrant student group that embraces diversity and ensures everyone feels welcome
- Draws students from across the district to its Sports Academies
- Easy access to premier athletic facilities including an all season track, turf fields, Olympic sized swimming pool, and skating arenas
- Has well established Outdoor Education – West Coast Wilderness Studies program, career trades, wide range of performing arts electives and sports team opportunities.
- School website for more details: nd.schools.sd68.bc.ca
- Population of 700 students
- Known for engaging learners with experiential courses like leadership, athletic training, chef-training, digital photography, trades and robotics.
- Athletic excellence in American football, rugby, boys’ basketball and girls’ volleyball
- Bulldog Theatre, fine arts and photography programs give students an opportunity to showcase their talents.
- School website for more details: jb.schools.sd68.bc.ca
- Population of 1000 students
- Students choose Wellington for its nationally acclaimed Jazz Academy, Musical Theatre department, language learning opportunities, enriched fine arts experiences, technology programs with a focus on 3D animation and printing, outdoor education, and its variety of athletics, clubs and activities.
- Wellington is a newly updated building with a unique West Coast design interior and an abundance of natural light
- School website for more details: we.schools.sd68.bc.ca
- Population of 650 students
- Located in the picturesque hillside town of Ladysmith that is known for its warmth and charm
- Known for its dynamic extracurricular programs, strong athletic traditions, a vibrant Improv club and a celebrated Musical Theatre program.
- Proud to offer opportunities to learn about local Indigenous culture and connect with Vancouver Island, including Outdoor Education – West Coast Wilderness Studies and Land and Language courses: landbased.ca/
- School website for more details: ls.schools.sd68.bc.ca
- Population of 275 students
- A hidden gem tucked away in rural Cedar
- Offers a unique learning experience that suits students who enjoy small classes, independent personalized learning and an educational setting where everyone knows your name
- Students develop strong critical, creative and collaborative thinking skills that prepares them well for a future of further learning.
- School website for more details: cs.schools.sd68.bc.ca
B.C. Graduation Program:
Nanaimo Ladysmith ISE offers a graduation program that enables students to graduate from high school in British Columbia. International Students graduate with the internationally recognized B.C. graduation certificate (Dogwood Diploma) and are able to apply to study at university in Canada, their home country, or abroad.
International Student Education staff work closely with students to individually plan their graduation program to meet all B.C. graduation requirements, future plans, and entrance requirements for their desired university programs or fields of study. Graduation planning also considers possible previous courses that are eligible for transfer credits. Each student’s academic progress is carefully monitored and supports are provided to assist with future post-secondary planning.
The following academy programs are available in Nanaimo Ladysmith Secondary Schools:
- Soccer Academy – Nanaimo District Secondary
- Hockey Skills Academy – Nanaimo District Secondary
- Lacrosse Academy – Nanaimo District Secondary
- Beach Volleyball Academy – Nanaimo District Secondary
- Jazz Academy – Wellington Secondary
- Performing Arts Academy – Dover Bay Secondary